March 17

The Dangers Of Lead Paint in Your Home


Lead paints were banned for residential use in 1978. However, if you have a home build previously to 1978, it is likely there is some kind of lead paint in your home. Lead paint is poisonous. Dust is created when the lead paint peels or cracks. You can easily breath in the lead dust.

Symptoms of Lead Paint

There are a variety of health symptoms that come from lead poisoning. Over-exposure to lead short-term includes;

  • Abdominal pain
  • Constipated
  • Tired
  • Headachy
  • Irritable
  • Loss of appetite
  • Memory loss
  • Pain or tingling in the hands and/or feet
  • Weak

Many people do not know they are being exposed to lead when it is in their residential paint. They may ignore the symptoms without knowing the source of the problem is within their walls. Over-exposure to lead paint long-term includes;

  • Abdominal pain
  • Constipated
  • Depressed
  • Distracted
  • Forgetful
  • Irritable
  • Nauseous/Sick

If you are interested in purchasing a home previous to 1978, it is important to know whether or not the home has lead paint. If so, the paint should be removed and repainted. Lead paint poses a health hazard. An experienced home painter will remove the lead paint safely. The area with lead paint should be sealed from the rest of the house during removal. This prevents dust from spreading throughout the home. After them paint is removed and repainted, a thorough cleaning company can remove any residue that may put your health at risk.

Mark Powers Painting in Beaverton, Tigard, and Portland, Oregon can remove lead paint from your home. Don’t wait! Lead paint puts your health at risk every day. Contact professional house painters today.


health hazard, lead paint

You may also like

What to Look for in a House Painter

What to Look for in a House Painter

Get A Free Quote